picture needed for 611 turbo

Leyland, Valmet, Rolls-Royce, Cummins, Mercedes-Benz, Volvo, Scania, Caterpillar ja muut viritykset

Valvoja: sisua

Sisu Mischi

picture needed for 611 turbo

Viesti Kirjoittaja Sisu Mischi »

Hello Finland

I have an urgent request to complete my project Sisu AH 45 (SA-1388).
As I live in Germany it is not so easy to get information.
I have a 611 turbo engine (should be 611 DSBJA with engine number 5314) to replace the Leyland engine and to know exactly what parts I need I would need some pictures of the engine mounted.
The 611 was originally from a SL 170 and has the intercooler. In addition I have an oil cooler mounted. To connect that I would like to see how it was originally mounted and if it has an extra radiator (size and mounted where??).
I was looking in the internet for detail pictures or explosion drawings, an old manual of the SL 170 I have so more important would be pictures to see all pipes and where they are connected.

Yes, I promise to send some pictures if anyone is interested?? But only after it´s finished, which should be soooooon!

Is anybody able to send some pictures?

Sisu Mischi
sisua45

Re: picture needed for 611 turbo

Viesti Kirjoittaja sisua45 »

In addition I have an oil cooler mounted. To connect that I would like to see how it was originally mounted and if it has an extra radiator (size and mounted where??).
Is you new oilcooler oil-to-air, or oil-to-water? 611 did use two type of coolers:

Kuva

Small cooler between oilfilter, and bracket.

Under this post you see the old version, bigger cooler. Both types are connected to engine cooling system, no extra radiator. These are UN-proto's pictures, thanks to him.
Liitteet
valmetsini.JPG
valmetsini.JPG (60.27 KiB) Katsottu 12487 kertaa
"Oman, kunnioitettavan porukan muodostavat alan harrastajat. Heidän ansiostaan esimerkiksi Proto-Sisuja on edelleen ajokuntoisina."

SA-1337: http://forums.offipalsta.com/showthread.php?t=29218

Kuva
Sisu Mischi

this seems to be exactly the same engine and cooler type I have.
so good news is...no extra cooler needed
would it be possible to get a few more pictures from both sides of the engine and also something from the mounted engine to see where the pipes get connected??

Thanks

Sisu Mischi
UN-Proto

Viesti Kirjoittaja UN-Proto »

http://www.sisua.net/gallery/v/un-proto/general/kone/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.sisua.net/gallery/v/un-proto/valmet+611/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sisu Mischi

@ UN-Protos

how did you fix the oil cooler and the gear shifter shaft, did you bend the shaft or is there another trick?
I think I will have to bend the shaft and extend it by some 10-15cm. There are many small things which don´t fix perfectly, I hope it´s going to work one day!!

Mischi
sisua45

Sisu Mischi kirjoitti:@ UN-Protos

how did you fix the oil cooler and the gear shifter shaft, did you bend the shaft or is there another trick?
I think I will have to bend the shaft and extend it by some 10-15cm. There are many small things which don´t fix perfectly, I hope it´s going to work one day!!

Mischi
Kuva

Kuva

Kuva

Mr UN-Proto use this smaller oil cooler in his A-45.

SK/SL truck bigger cooler do not fit without modifications.
"Oman, kunnioitettavan porukan muodostavat alan harrastajat. Heidän ansiostaan esimerkiksi Proto-Sisuja on edelleen ajokuntoisina."

Kuva
Sisu Mischi

@ UN-Proto

I have another strange event or actually two.....
My front mountings for the engine seem to be from another truck and not the original design for AH45 with Valmet engine. Therefor they do not fit, holes are different and size is not sufficient.
With these front mountings my engine will not be mounted same angle as the chassis but will be some 2 or 3 cm higher in the front.
Also the engine is not 100% in the centre of the chassis, it´s maybe some 2 or 3 cm to the one side, is that normal?
Question....do you have a picture and or the part number of the original front mountings of Valmet 611 into AH 45? (I couldn´t find in your gallery)
do you have by chance such mountings as spare??

Where from did you use the accelerator cable as it comes from the rear to the injection pump?

btw: Do you plan your vacation somewhere south Germany......I could offer you free drinks etc. when you fix some of my problems:-)

Regards

Michael

still not much further with the project!!

one more question....where can I get such an oil pan for the 611 (http://www.sisua.net/gallery/v/un-proto ... 2.JPG.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) , I have the strange feeling that my drive shaft is coming close to the original oil pan
sisua45

Again I answer to your question. I know Mr UN-proto is very busy man, and he has small computer problems. :wink:
Sisu Mischi kirjoitti: My front mountings for the engine seem to be from another truck and not the original design for AH45 with Valmet engine. Therefor they do not fit, holes are different and size is not sufficient.
With these front mountings my engine will not be mounted same angle as the chassis but will be some 2 or 3 cm higher in the front.
Also the engine is not 100% in the centre of the chassis, it´s maybe some 2 or 3 cm to the one side, is that normal?
Question....do you have a picture and or the part number of the original front mountings of Valmet 611 into AH 45? (I couldn´t find in your gallery)
do you have by chance such mountings as spare??
Your engine is from SL-170, and it has different mounts that A-45 and AH-45. Picture above shows you part numbers. They are truck manifacture SISU numbers, not engine manufacture Valmet numbers...!!!

I dont know do they (sisu trucks) have them anymore, but I doubt that. You better make "I-want-to-buy" notice in this net site. I believe somebody has them.
Sisu Mischi kirjoitti: one more question....where can I get such an oil pan for the 611 (http://www.sisua.net/gallery/v/un-proto ... 2.JPG.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) , I have the strange feeling that my drive shaft is coming close to the original oil pan
You can buy new 3-piece aluminium oilpan from AGCO Sisu Power. It cost over 1500 euros + 23% taxes + shipping to you. :roll: And you need new oil suction pipe, whitch they dont have anymore.

SL-170 truck oilpan will clear your drive shaft. But when you drive your army-sisu to 45 degree angle, you may have oil pressure problem. :wink:

I hope this will help you.
Liitteet
Sisu A-45 CI.jpg
Sisu A-45 CI.jpg (76.34 KiB) Katsottu 12104 kertaa

Kuva
Sisu Mischi

I am impressed, took only some hours and I am a bit further....bit less questions

Thanks for the drawing, I think this is exactly the front mounting I have at least it looks the same.
My problem with those is that the holes in the chassis are turned 90 degrees and due to the "out of centre position of the engine the mounting on one side is not big enough. But I think the engine position must be like that as there is no other way of mounting it. So I will drill new holes, weld a piece of metal and try to fit the engine how I think it should be.

funny pricing with the oil pan.........so no need for that!
but what did you mean with driving offroad 45 degree angle, that was not my concern, I am a bit worried about jumping and clearance between shaft and oil pan?!?!?

Regards

Michael
sisua45

Sisu Mischi kirjoitti: but what did you mean with driving offroad 45 degree angle, that was not my concern, I am a bit worried about jumping and clearance between shaft and oil pan?!?!?
I understand what you mean. SL-170 steel oilpan has "front sump" on it. I think there is enough room to drive shaft. A-45 suspension is quite stiff, but frame is flexible.

Kuva
at7

Viesti Kirjoittaja at7 »

You may request from 'Buying' -thread, if some one is willing to sell you a oilpan and oilpump intake pipes.
Finnish term is "Sisu A-45 Maastoöljypohja" (offroad oil pan)

btw do you have technical documentation for valmet engine and sisu ?
There has been some pdf-files floating around :wink:
planeettanapa

Viesti Kirjoittaja planeettanapa »

Some how i have feeling, that Mr Velu has that offroad oilpan off the use.

I used Scanias tranny rubbers for my engine. I might have those originals still somewhere. Those originals arent very flexible. Actually they just were in spare shop available and i took them.
Sisu Mischi

@at7

I have a general manual for the 611 engine but not the one for 611 in Sisu.
Where were they around:-)

@planeettanapa

If there is an oil pan available.....I might be interested (Mr. Velu??) I could maybe swap with some other parts?
do you have the Scania spare part number, (in Germany you get nothing without a correct number, no one starts looking in old manuals or spare parts lists)
Sisu Mischi

I would have another question and I hope someone is able to help.
These days I was trying to get the water hoses mounted and faced some difficulties where to put what, same trouble to connect the compressor (there are just to many open holes to be connected)
I have a Motor Manual Valmet 611 for the SL170 and a general Valmet engine manual but both never show a kind of explosion drawings, only each single part is explained not how and where it is connected with other sections.
Does someone have more details drawings or pictures from a Valmet 611 DSJ engine available? UN-proto´s engine is slightly different as it does not have the extra (inter) cooler on top and the turbo is mounted different so these pictures don´t help to much.

I hope there is actually still someone following this topic as I did not want to open a new one.

Reagards from Germany (13° today and no rain!!)

Michael
at7

Viesti Kirjoittaja at7 »

Sisu Mischi kirjoitti:I would have another question and I hope someone is able to help.
These days I was trying to get the water hoses mounted and faced some difficulties where to put what, same trouble to connect the compressor (there are just to many open holes to be connected)
I have a Motor Manual Valmet 611 for the SL170 and a general Valmet engine manual but both never show a kind of explosion drawings, only each single part is explained not how and where it is connected with other sections.
Does someone have more details drawings or pictures from a Valmet 611 DSJ engine available? UN-proto´s engine is slightly different as it does not have the extra (inter) cooler on top and the turbo is mounted different so these pictures don´t help to much.

I hope there is actually still someone following this topic as I did not want to open a new one.

Reagards from Germany (13° today and no rain!!)

Michael
Kuva

Right, exactly what hoses are problematic?
Could you make a i.e. as simple drawing, so we could figure out where they should be connected.
In picture the thinner cooler aux-line and the hose behind the engine are for torch heater and can be tapped off in your tropical conditions.

I will check if I have cooling system diagram for 611CS - I suppose it should be pretty similar than ds611
Vastaa Viestiin